Wednesday, September 30, 2009

All Along the Watchtower, BSG style.

Music and TV shows are like sushi and sake. They go perfect together. Think back to some of your favorite TV moments and think about how weak they would be without their respected soundtracks. Lost would be lost without Michael Giachinno's epic score, and Six Feet Under would take a huge hit without its perfectly hand selected soundtrack of somber alternative tunes. I have recently started watching Battlestar Galactica, and I have found to be the best science fiction show I have ever seen on television. This is the Six Feet Under of Sci-Fi. One of the very first things I noticed about this show was its powerful and moving score. Its percussive and emotional tone is the perfect compliment to the beautiful space imagery and perfectly crafted storyline. I just finished season 3 and all spoilers aside, i thought it was amazing. The final ten minutes is one of the most intense wrap ups of a season I have ever seen. I found it especially intriguing since the final ten minutes were accompanied by one of my favorite songs of all time, All Along the Watchtower by Bob Dylan. To go in any deeper about the song and its use in the show would terribly ruin some important information, so I will leave it with Bear Mcreary's(the brilliant man behind the music of BSG)version of All Along the Watchtower.

No comments:

Post a Comment