Thursday, September 3, 2009

Extended Editions Galore!


It has been rumored for a long time, but finally it seems to be coming to fruition. The Harry Potter films will be receiving Extended Edition DVDs.

While ABC Family typically airs the Harry Potter movies with the deleted scenes from the DVD special features thrown in, the fact that Warner Bros. is going out of the way to re-release all of the films on DVD and call them an Extended Edition, makes me think that more stuff was cut from the films than what was initially put on the Special Features disc of the original DVDs.

Perhaps I'm wrong, being extremely foolish, hoping that there is more that I have never seen from some of my favorite films of the past decade. For all I know this could be an attempt by WB to milk as much money out of Harry Potter fans as possible, I don't know. What I do know is that even if these DVDs simply are the cuts of the films in which they show on ABC Family, it'd still be a real treat to own them all without any commercial interruption.

As of now there is no official release date, but the first two films have already been resubmitted to the ratings board and gotten PG ratings, so I'd say look out for 'em by year's end.

No comments:

Post a Comment