Thursday, September 10, 2009

Trailer Rush: Up in the Air

It's Oscar season and more and more trailers for some of the big Oscar hopefuls have begun to crop up. One such trailer is for the new film from director Jason Reitman, Up in the Air. The film stars George Clooney as a corporate downsizing expert who practically lives life in the air, traveling for 2/3 of his year. Take a look at the trailer:



Reitman has been compared to legendary film director Billy Wilder, and based off this trailer I can see how that conclusion can be drawn. I wasn't the biggest fan of Jason Reitman's first two films. While I found Thank You For Smoking oddly funny at times, it ultimately left me feeling disconnected, and his second film, Juno, was fairly similar in the end. This film looks to be a little more up my alley than those other two films and I must say I was impressed by this trailer. Not only that I have been impressed thus far by all the reviews I've read on the film coming out of the Telluride Film Festival. The film is being hailed as a masterpiece and is being chatted up big-time when it comes to Oscars, in particular Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Actor for Clooney.

Overall I'm intrigued to see more from this film as it's December release date looms nearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment