Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Captain Kirk is Jack Ryan?


About a month ago I made a post regarding the new Jack Ryan film being produced. For those not in the know, Jack Ryan is a classic Tom Clancy character who was the star of such classic films as The Hunt for Red October, Clear and Present Danger, and Patriot Games.

In the previous post I talked about who I thought should play the role of CIA Agent Jack Ryan in this new film, James Franco. Though now it's being reported to Variety that the producers are targeting actor Chris Pine to assume the role that Harrison Ford made famous.

I am actually fine with this casting if it pans out. I thought Pine was fantastic in this past summer's Star Trek, where he portrayed the legendary Captain Kirk. Pine has that classic swagger that you expect from an action star, and he has already proven that he can take on a famous role and make it his own, so I think he is an excellent choice. Not to mention he actually kind of looks like he could be a younger Harrison Ford or Alec Baldwin.

Hopefully this casting will pan out.

No comments:

Post a Comment