Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Inception of a Crime


I'm a big fan of Chris Nolan, ever since I saw Batman Begins, he quickly became one of my favorite directors. His upcoming film, Inception, which hits theaters next summer, looks to be the kind of mindbending thriller people have come to expect from him.

The cast of Inception is one of those dream casts for a film. Leonardo DiCaprio, Ellen Page, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, Cillian Murphy, Michael Caine, and Ken Watanabe just to name a few; not to mention Chris Nolan is coming off of directing the highest grossing film of the past decade. With so much talent involved, it's no wonder expectations are high, but what is it exactly?

Not much is really known about Inception at the moment. It's official description is that it's, "a contemporary sci-fi action thriller set within the architecture of the mind." The first teaser trailer gave little more information other than a short mention saying someone's mind is the scene of the crime. All of this really intrigues me, and what I've learned from Chris Nolan's previous non-Batman works, always expect the unexpected. So what do I make of all that I've heard about this film thus far?

The scuttlebutt is that DiCaprio plays a CEO-type. I'm assuming that in the near future cops utilize machines that can venture into our minds in order to find the so-called inception of a thought, such as a murder. My best guess is DiCaprio's character will be pinned with a crime that transpired in his mind, and he must venture inside his own head to prove his innocence. I'm kind of getting the vibe this will be a modern day film noir with a unique twist. Of course all of this is just my own speculation from what I know about the film, don't take any of this literally.

As a whole I'm excited for this film and can't wait for its release next summer. To tide you over, here's the trailer.

2 comments:

  1. I know a PA who just got done working on that shoot ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? That's awesome! Did he say anything about it?

    ReplyDelete