Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Karen O Meets The Wild Things


In just two days I'll be in a theater watching Where the Wild Things Are. In anticipation for the release of the film I recently bought the soundtrack composed by Carter Burwell and Karen O from the rock group, Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

It's safe to say that it is completely different than any other film score I've ever listened to. It's a lot of guitar, piano, and drums. It's whimsical, indy-rock stylings are intriguing for a person who tends to favor big John Williams-style scores, but it has this playfulness about it, this innocence inherent in the music that makes it interesting to listen to. While the soundtrack isn't my favorite film score of all-time, it's solid and it seems as if it will fit in perfectly with the film.

I ran across this featurette online the other day, highlighting the process behind-the-scenes of making the music for the film. Check it out:



Be sure to check back tomorrow, when I'll be posting my pre-movie thoughts on the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment