Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Making of Avatar

It seems like every ounce of movie news recently has been about Avatar, which hits theaters December 18th. I'm still a touch skeptical about it, but alas I'm afraid nothing will really be answered for me on this one till I finally settle down in a theater and watch it.

The film has supposedly been made with this groundbreaking 3-D motion capture technology, but up till now I had seen nothing that had really blown my socks off, but perhaps this is one of those packages that has to be experienced in its entirety in order for it to be appreciated?

Regardless I found this ten minute clip about the making of Avatar online, and while I'm still not 100% sold on the CGI work, I was impressed by the camera and motion capture technology utilized to bring this film to life. Check it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment