Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Most Anticipated: November-December 2009
The year is nearly over. It's hard to believe that a whole year of film has nearly come and gone already. Still, the year isn't over yet. There are still countless films left to check out in the next two months, and I've decided to sit here and compile a list of my five most anticipated movies coming out for the rest of the year. Here we go:
5. Pirate Radio - This comedy about a group of pirates at sea in the 1960s broadcasting rock-and-roll over the British airwaves looks to be a hilarious piece of history brought to the big screen.
4. Invictus - Clint Eastwood's biopic about Nelson Mandella actually looks to be a change of pace for the filmmaker, as well it's rare to find a film featuring rugby.
3. Sherlock Holmes - This reimaginig of the iconic detective will most likely stir controversy, but I cannot lie, I think it looks very fun and entertaining.
2. The Lovely Bones - Peter Jackson returns to the big screen with this lavish fantasy about a murdered teen in the "in-between" as she watches her family and her killer from above.
1. Avatar - James Cameron's latest looks to be a stunning piece of science fiction entertainment that could potentially change my views on 3-D technology entirely or convince me why 3-D isn't the wave of the future.
Up in the Air
The Princess and the Frog
The Men Who Stare at Goats