Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Odd Couple


Well, it's official. The hosts (notice there is more than one) for the 82nd Academy Awards have been selected, Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin.

If your first reaction is a big, "What!?!" then we're in the same boat.

At first when I heard this, I thought it was a recipe for disaster. I still don't think it's the best idea on Earth, having these two host together. I am not opposed to either as a host individually, but I just don't like the idea of two hosts instead of one. Though I do like this pairing better than the rumored pair of Ben Stiller and Robert Downey, Jr. (even though if Downey, Jr. did it on his own I wouldn't be opposed). I just feel the two host modicum only works if you're picking a duo of actors that are so inseparable that it increases the comedy, like Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.

Even if I'm not excited about the idea of two hosts rather than one, both Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin are funny, so it should be a good night regardless. Tune in to the Oscars on March 7th of next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment