Friday, November 13, 2009

Trailer Rush: Date Night

The new film Date Night kind of sounds like a horrible slasher flick, but instead it's actually a comedy starring Steve Carell and Tina Fey. The film directed by Shawn Levy (Night at the Museum) is about a married couple with kids who finally get to go out on a date one night without their children and the evening turns into a case of Hitchockian-mistaken identity.



It looks like a silly romp that will be pretty fun to watch. Whether or not the film will be remembered at the end of next year as one of the finer films of 2010, I'm not sure, but it does have what at least looks to be a slew of good cameo performances. Mark Whalberg and James Franco just to name a few.

I'll probably put my money down to go see this. Both Carell and Fey have been funny in the past, my only problem is this trailer shows them simply doing their usual shtick, which we have been accustomed to already for a few years. Still, I think anything that these two do right now will be pure gold at the box office, so regardless as to whether it's actually funny or not doesn't matter. It's Steve Carell and Tina Fey married, so you know it has to be funny. Right? (Sorry for that last bit of sarcasm there, I actually like both Carell and Fey, I just get annoyed by their fans typically).

No comments:

Post a Comment