Saturday, November 21, 2009

Trailer Rush: Percy Jackson and the Olympians-The Lightning Thief

I know I sometimes rant about all the other studios trying to jump on the Harry Potter train with trying to adapt pretty much every children's fantasy book ever created, hoping it will become the next Harry Potter, but this time I legitimately think it's trying to be its own thing while appealing to a similar audience.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, is the first in a popular series of children's books about a teenager, Percy Jackson, who discovers that he is the half-blood son of the Greek god, Poseidon. The film is directed by Chris Columbus, check it out:



I actually want to see this. I was a fan of Chris Columbus's work on the first two Harry Potter films, and this has a similar vibe, just with a hip, superhero swagger to it. As a fan of stuff like Harry Potter and the X-Men, I really think this film has potential.

While I have not read any of the books in this series, after seeing this trailer I have rushed out and bought the book to see whether or not my initial reaction from this trailer isn't dumbfounded. As for now I'm excited for this one as its February release looms nearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment