Sunday, November 1, 2009

Trailer Rush: The Road (Trailer 2)

The second trailer for the much anticipated post-apocalyptic film, The Road, starring Viggo Mortensen and Charlize Theron, has hit the net. The film is based upon the Cormac McCarthy novel of the same name. Check it out:



The first trailer was actually kind of impressive. I enjoyed the first half of this trailer, but I found the latter part to be a touch cheesy, and an odd representation of what I understand this movie to be about. It doesn't help matters that we're seeing this trailer after the mixed reaction the film has received from critics. Both of the trailers released thus far have sent me mixed signals. They are both so widely different in tone, I really have no clue what to expect from the film, so in those regards I might actually wind up enjoying it once I see it, but at the same time it never really bodes well for a movie when the marketers can't find that one satisfying way to sell a film.

No comments:

Post a Comment