Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Trailer Rush: The Sorcerer's Apprentice

I'm not entirely sure what I think of this, but it's worth checking out. Disney has decided to make a live-action version of the classic tale The Sorcerer's Apprentice, which a small excerpt from the original story was seen in Disney's Fantasia way back in the day, the infamous sequence between Mickey Mouse and the magic brooms. The film stars Nic Cage and is made by the same crew who did the National Treasure movies. Check out the trailer:



I don't really know about this. Part of me was impressed by the CG-work involved, but another part of me was a touch baffled. I was expecting something a little more kid-friendly, maybe it's because my only knowledge of The Sorcerer's Apprentice comes from the classic scene in Fantasia. I don't know, to me it just looks like Disney just made it Bruckheimer-fied in an attempt to make a couple extra bucks in the summer movie season. This one hits theaters next July.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a bit split on my opinion, but for different reasons than you. As far as I can tell, this is considered kid-friendly these days even with all the flames...at least in America. My resistance has more to do with the fact that I think Nick Cage couldn't act if he had to do it at gunpoint.

    ReplyDelete