Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Production Diaries: Color Corrected


It is days like this that I despise being color deficient. It's time for color correction on my latest film, Lost & Found, and trust me, it is a pain. The ultimate goal is to submit this film to festivals when it is all said and done. My satisfaction level on it at the current stage is about an 80%, which is way better than any other film I've done thus far, and I believe once the film is color corrected and I have the music put to it, I could be dangerously close to a 90% satisfaction rating (don't know if it will ever get any higher, but maybe).

Regardless, there is still a long road ahead. Once I have the film color corrected, then I'm taking it over to my composer and he'll compose music for the film and then time to mix the audio, make any final touch-ups, and the film is done. Not to mention, I have the constant distraction of the film I'm making for my film class, titled Heaven's Touch.

Currently, we're location scouting for that film, possibly going to shoot at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens for a few scenes, which should be extremely cool. As well, we're gonna attempt to do some green screen work for one scene which is supposed to take place in outer space! I'm actually real excited about this film. It's from a screenplay that me and my producer wrote and I'm directing. We have a spectacular crew assembled, with a marvelous DP, and some good set hands to keep things flowing smoothly once cameras start rolling, but even still, since it is a class, I'm very preoccupied at the moment having to do storyboards and scouting for locations that it's eating up my time from working on Lost & Found.

When I have time to work on it, I'm so drained of energy I don't want to do anything else. It has been a slow and methodical post-production process on the film and I'm at the moment trying to speed it up and have the film finished and submitted to festivals by the end of March, but I just have to stop being lazy, fight the fatigue, and work on it even when I am tired. Easy to say, right now is a busy time for me as a filmmaker, so keep checking back on the blog for updates on both of these projects in development.

1 comment:

  1. I read your entire article it is cool and may you got 100% satisfaction rating. I am posting below link for color correction, May it be useful for you?

    http://www.squidoo.com/colorcorrection

    ReplyDelete