Friday, February 12, 2010

Trailer Rush: The Secret of Kells

One of the big surprises of last week's announcement of Oscar nominations, was the surprise inclusion of the animated film in Best Animated Feature, The Secret of Kells, an Irish film about Irish folklore.

The film beat out critical favorites like Ponyo and Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs to get the nom, and I was blown away when I first heard of the announcement; not only that, I had no clue what the film was, so I was doubly intrigued, learning that the film had only played in theaters for one week in L.A., but that was enough to qualify the film for the Oscars. Well, the film will hit theaters on a larger scale March 6th, so obviously the Oscar nomination has managed to allow it reach a higher profile, and after seeing the trailer that might be a good thing. While Up has Best Animated Feature in the bag, it allows smaller films like this to get into the public eye and actually be seen. Check out the trailer below:



I've gotta say, I dig the animation, and I don't think the story looks too shabby either, kind of channeling the best of Disney and Miyazaki in style. I am extremely curious to see this film. I hope it comes to a theater near here.

No comments:

Post a Comment