Sunday, February 14, 2010

Trailer Rush: Toy Story 3 (Trailer 2)

Lots of trailers recently, and it just gets more and more stuffed. A few days back the latest trailer for Disney/Pixar's Toy Story 3 hit the net, and I've been so slammed with other things that I'm finally getting around to posting my thoughts. But before that, check out the trailer:



I just can't get all that excited for this film. I'm a big fan of the first two Toy Story films, but this one just seems to be lacking the magic. I don't think I have genuinely laughed once at any of the footage I have seen for the film thus far, and that is very telling for a film that is primarily a comedy. Perhaps I wouldn't be so critical if this wasn't Pixar and if it wasn't a sequel to two of the finer animated classics ever made, but it is, and it has to live up to its predecessors, and if it can't, I'm afraid many will see this as a misfire (which with the exception of Cars, Pixar has never had). I'm still hoping Toy Story 3 will deliver, but I guess we wont really know till it hits theaters this June.

No comments:

Post a Comment