Sunday, March 14, 2010

Movie Weekend


I've had what one would deem, a movie weekend. It all started Friday night with Disney's Tarzan, leaping into Saturday with the Jimmy Stewart-classic Harvey, followed by Happy Feet (a charming animated musical that is oft-overlooked), and culminating in The Godfather: Part 2. Just today I've watched Martin Scorsese's The Aviator and plan on watching at least one more film, and I'm leaning heavily towards Hayao Miyazaki's Spirited Away, a film I haven't watched in some time, but it is actually one of my favorites. Top all of this off with the fact that in my spare time I have been working on a feature length screenplay titled One-Thousand Words, and you have one cinematic weekend.

This weekend is the start of my Spring Break, and I figured a few lazy days never hurt anyone, and I got to looking at my DVD collection and realized I owned a fair few DVDs that I had either never seen the film, or that I had seen the film but never watched the DVD version of it. I've had a good mix of films unseen and films seen, and I think that this movie weekend has been a resounding success. Now I just have to cap it off, and I think Spirited Away might do the trick, though I am considering The Full Monty. What to do? Regardless, I've had a great weekend just relaxing and kicking it, which is good, seeing as how starting in just about five days I'll be busy for the next two to three weeks straight with the film I'm making for my film class titled Heaven's Touch, so I might as well pack in as much lazy frivolity as I can, cause it's about to become a madhouse.

3 comments:

  1. don't use the word "charming" anymore. It sounds patronizing and connotes nostalgia, plus it makes you seem like Robert Ebert who is really, really old. Older than film has been around, old. Just a suggestion... Movie weekend sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun. I do get what you're saying, but the way I tend to mean charming is when I find a film utterly lovable. Though, I can see how if taken in wrong context it could be seen as patronizing. I did choose to watch "The Full Monty", which I had never seen before, and I loved it. I had always wanted to watch it again after my dad bought it when I was like 9, said it was a good family movie, we started it, and I was sent out of the room after the first ten minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, yeah I could see that. I'm glad you liked it. Haven't seen that movie in quite a while!

    ReplyDelete