Friday, March 19, 2010

Second Draft Mayhem

I've recently started construction on the second draft of a screenplay, titled One-Thousand Words, after successfully manufacturing a first draft. Really, it's already proving to be such a relief to just have an entire draft written, even if it all turns out to be awful. At the moment I'm not sure how I feel about this film, but I still feel it has potential.

One main thing I'm working on, other than fixing typos and making things make a little more sense, is the first draft was only 86 pages, and I'm trying to do something things to at least bump it up to 100. I'm adding a subplot that I'm extremely excited about. Needless to say, this project is exciting cause it can be done for such a low budget that if it turns out well, who knows, I might decide to make it.

2 comments:

  1. We can swap. I have one I want a second opinion on if you want to look at it. Show me yours I'll show you mine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to do that. It's always nice to get those second opinions, plus doesn't do you much good to keep it to yourself.

    ReplyDelete