Monday, March 29, 2010

That's a Wrap!

It's always tough to wind down after a shoot, to re-train your brain to normality. That is how I feel after wrapping on my latest film, Heaven's Touch. The film's a fantasy romance steeped in the supernatural. I think the story is fantastic and we had a very solid cast, and ultimately they did a fantastic job.

There are a great many things I'm concerned about after filming, such as will the cinematography live up to my hopes and expectations, will the actor's performances come through in the film, and will our ambition to do a scene in front of a green screen pay off in the end. It's real tough.

Obviously I feel certain scenes went better than others. There were a few scenes that the shots just flowed from one to the other. There were scenes where the actors seemed to just knock it out of the park right out of the gate, and a few scenes where some work was needed to be done, but they eventually got there. Though the final scene we shot at about ten o'clock Sunday night was an exhausting exercise. The scene just never seemed to be working from the start, and I think it was partly cause we were all tired and wanting to get done, and I hope it worked out for the best.

Tomorrow we start editing and I can't be happier to now be piecing the thing together and see if we have a film and not just a cheesy youtube video. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment