Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Tron Returns and Krasinski as Captain America?


So first thing's first, Marvel is really grasping at straws if John Krasinski (Jim from The Office) is the front runner to play Captain America in The First Avenger: Captain America. John Krasinski is nowhere near buff enough or chiseled enough in his features to portray the Captain. While he'd be a good Steve Rogers before he is injected with the super soldier formula, he's gotta be able to fill out that suit, and those muscles just aren't there. While Krasinski is a fine actor, I just can't buy him as Captain America. I'm appreciative cause it's inspired casting, but not good casting, though it's still not official, but at the moment it is looking more and more like he'll nab the role.

On a lighter note, Disney has finally released the trailer for Tron Legacy, the sequel to the 1980's cult classic. I saw this trailer in 3-D before Alice in Wonderland last Friday, and it was five times better than the film I actually paid money to see. This film looks awesome. Light cycles and everything. The 3-D in the trailer didn't seem obtrusive, and I loved how stylized everything was. It looks so original for a studio production. Plus, I loved seeing Jeff Bridges return for this sequel, and I especially love how they used CG to make Bridges look younger, like he did in the '80s. Really awesome geek-out movie, I can't wait! Check it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment