Thursday, April 29, 2010

J.J. and Spielberg Team-Up!


J.J. Abrams and Steven Spielberg are teaming up for an untitled film that is going to be written and directed by Abrams. My guess is Spielberg is part of it in a producing capacity, but what I find intriguing about it is that the film is being described as a tip of the hat to the Spielberg-films of the late '70s and early '80s, like Close Encounters or E.T. The word is that the film will be about an ordinary, everyday person who gets wrapped up within extraordinary circumstances, possibly dealing with other-worldly beings. All of that is just the rumor right now, but supposedly it's an original script from Abrams that he wrote as an homage to the Beard and Spielberg I guess liked it cause Paramount Pictures is going ahead with the film with a fall start date.

Personally, I'm excited about this. Spielberg is my favorite filmmaker of all-time, and the period in which Abrams is trying to recapture is where Spielberg made some of the finer films in his filmography. While it is a shame that Abrams didn't hand off the script for Spielberg to direct (which for all we know could have been how Spielberg got involved in the first place but just declined and let Abrams direct), still it's awesome cause I love Abrams as a director. M:I:III was fun, and Star Trek was just amazing. I really can't wait for this, plus it's another original big Hollywood movie.

Speaking of original big Hollywood movie's, here's the latest poster for Chris Nolan's film, Inception:

No comments:

Post a Comment