Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

The recent spat of movie news has been pretty dull as of late. It's cool that Fox attached director Matthew Vaughn (Kick-Ass) to direct Marvel's X-Men: First Class (the prequel to the previous three X-Men films detailing the early days at Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters), and while the film will be out sooner than expected coming June 2011, I'd still much rather have Bryan Singer who directed the first two X-Men films directing rather than producing. As well, I just can't get excited for Spielberg's next film he'll be directing, War Horse, which is being put on the fast track for an August 2011 release. The premise of the film just inspires no interest in me, and just makes me think of all the cheesy animal films that I didn't like from when I was a kid. I don't really want to see a kid's war film from the eyes of a horse in World War I. But regardless, today is Cinco de Mayo, so celebration is in order.

I've chosen to celebrate talking about a dream of mine. Someone needs to make an animated film based upon the video game, Samba De Amigo, where you play as a monkey who can play the maracas. Imagine it-- It already sounds like perfect kiddie film-bait, and it could be a fun film with tons of laughs and lots of music, reminiscent of the film, Happy Feet. It could be released on Cinco de Mayo, which would be perfect! It would meet the Summer movie season, and would be a great way to celebrate the festivities. Either way, it's just a dream, but here's a small taste of what it could be like:



Happy Cinco de Mayo, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment