Friday, May 21, 2010

I Actually Wanna See A Zac Efron Movie

Okay, maybe I'm a stupid, sentimental idiot who has no taste in movies whatsoever, but Zac Efron's latest movie, Charlie St. Cloud, actually looks interesting to me. It's made by the same team who made 17 Again, which actually wasn't a bad movie, a guilty pleasure that I actually enjoyed it when I saw it on HBO. I think Efron has talent, it's just been marred by his teen idol persona. The guy isn't a bad actor, and I could see a Leo DiCaprio type career out of him if he gets paired with the right roles.

In this new film he plays the title character of Charlie St. Cloud, who feels responsible for his little brother's death, so responsible that he takes a job working at the cemetery where his brother is buried. To heighten intrigue, Charlie can see his little brother's ghost and play catch with him, but complications arise when Charlie starts falling in love with a girl. To me, it puts a unique twist on an age-old Hollywood formulaic story. It looks to have touches of Frank Capra and Field of Dreams in here, and hey, it's always nice to see Kim Basinger in something from time-to-time. Anyways, it comes out in July, so maybe if reviews are favorable, this might be the surprise Blind Side of this year. Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment