Sunday, May 30, 2010

A New Professor X is Cast!


It was reported a few days back that actor James Mcavoy, Mr. Tumnus from Narnia as well as the lead from Atonement and Wanted, has been cast as Professor Charles Xavier in the new X-Men movie, X-Men: First Class. Now that I've wrapped up the Decades of Film series, I can finally post my thoughts on McAvoy playing a young Patrick Stewart in the Matthew Vaughn directed film (Kick-Ass). Personally, I think he is fantastic casting for a younger Patrick Stewart, after all the film will be chronicling the early days of Xavier and Magneto's friendship and the start of the X-Men. I'm not sure whether McAvoy will be Professor X for only a small portion of the film and then Patrick Stewart will substitute once he starts Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters and fights Magneto, but McAvoy still is a fantastic choice for the role of a younger Xavier, and I'm intrigued to see how it pans out.

No comments:

Post a Comment