Friday, June 11, 2010

Taking a Break, E3 Next Week


If there's anything that's just as exciting as the Oscars, it's E3, the biggest video game convention/conference in the world. Seriously, if a big gun is to be unveiled, it's unveiled here; nowhere on Earth can there be so many surprises wrapped within one package. Last year Microsoft unveiled the Project Natal, their reaction to motion sensing gameplay. While I still think the Natal looks like crap (cause I mean how can you really play a serious game without a controller, we're not to holographic gameplay yet), I don't know if there will be anything this year that will send shockwaves across the internet, but you can never count E3 out.

Personally, I'm excited to see what Nintendo has to offer this year. Nintendo really got back on track last year with their focus on the Hardcore gamer in the press conference, and I expect this year to take it even further. There's been the usual buzz of a potential new console announcement, I don't buy it, but we will see a whole lot more of the Nintendo 3DS, basically a DS handheld, just in 3-D. But Nintendo's real muscle comes in Zelda 2 for the Wii. Seriously, I don't care about Halo Reach or a new Call of Duty, I mean, they're kind of pumping those games out every year now, but Zelda is a once every 5 or 6 years experience so you've gotta be excited when it comes, and if they announce it will be hitting store shelves before the end of this year, I might just wet myself (kidding).

So if you're a gamer, check out all the action this whole next week on G4 TV network or stream the press conferences live on G4TV.com or IGN.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment