Tuesday, December 18, 2012

New: Archive Reviews!

It seems every year I wind up seeing more movies than I actually review.  Previously, I only ever reviewed films if I saw them within the first few weeks of their theatrical releases, but I very often see movies later on at dollar theaters or on DVD or Blu Ray, so I've decided to do something about that.  I am sometimes asked whether or not I've seen this movie or that, or if I have a review of a certain movie, and very often I have seen the movie, but I don't have a review for it, so I'm starting what I call Archive Reviews!

With these Archive Reviews, I review a movie after I see it, no matter when it was released, to share my thoughts on the film and hopefully let people know if they think the movie will be for them or not, after all, that is the true purpose of a film review I believe.  Of course, it would be a daunting task to review every movie I've ever seen in my lifetime, so I've decided to start this initiative with any movie I've seen that was released this year, 2012.  I have spent a lot of time the past few weeks writing up reviews to every single movie I have seen in 2012, and there are now 38 Movie Reviews in the back catalog on the Unicellular Review for you to enjoy, the links to which are in alphabetical order below:

Argo

Beasts of the Southern Wild

Bernie

Brave

Chronicle

Cloud Atlas

Dark Shadows

Flight

Haywire

John Carter

Lawless

Life of Pi

Lincoln

Lockout

Looper

Men in Black 3

Mirror, Mirror

Moonrise Kingdom

Prometheus

Red Tails

Seven Psychopaths

Skyfall

Snow White and the Huntsman

Take This Waltz

The Amazing Spider-Man

The Avengers

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

The Bourne Legacy

The Dark Knight Rises

The Expendables 2

The Grey

The Hobbit:  An Unexpected Journey

The Hunger Games

The Master


The Odd Life of Timothy Green

The Secret World of Arrietty

The Woman in Black

This Means War

Stay tuned as I will be posting links to more Archive Reviews on a regular basis, as I see more films once they hit DVD or Blu Ray.  My hope is to have a new post highlighting all of my new Archive Reviews at least once a month, and if you're interested in finding a Movie Review in the sidebar, all Movie Reviews from now on will be posted on the day that they hit theaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment