Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"Smallvile" Top 10 - Number 3

So when I first started this series revealing my 10 favorite episodes of Smallville, one a week till the Finale aired, at the time the Finale was scheduled for May the 20th. But now that it is a 2-hour-finale airing on the 13th, I've been spending the past few weeks working on how I was gonna finish this series out, and I came up with a solution. I'm gonna reveal today, my number 3 favorite episode, then tomorrow, my number 2 favorite episode, and on Friday the 6th my number 1 favorite episode, followed by part 1 of my overall series retrospective on Smallville on the 13th, then a few days after that, part 2 will follow to wrap up this 10 year journey. So without further ado, my third favorite episode of Smallville of all-time!

****

"Hereafter" from Season 3

"Hereafter" is an episode that is Smallville at its best. A kid named Jordan Cross starts at Smallville High, but he soon starts setting off Clark's weirdar when Jordan rescues a Coach before he is hit by a car. Clark thought that Jordan reacted as if he knew it was going to happen, later learning that Jordan has the meteor power to know when people die by merely touching them.

This episode is a clever episode that shows Clark Kent as the Big Blue Boy Scout to be, being the only person who doesn't see Jordan as a freak and takes the time to befriend him, so at the end of the episode the friendship pays off and Clark manages to save Lana and a cheerleader from certain doom, with surprising help from Jordan, who learns a thing or two about courage and heroism from Clark.

So the episode is not the deepest episode in the Smallville canon, but as far as a freak of the week episode goes, this may just be Smallville's finest hour. Not to mention, when Jordan touches Clark, he sees no end to Clark's life, just an ongoing red cape fluttering in the wind. Sheer awesomeness!

****

Tune in tomorrow for my second favorite episode of Smallville of All-Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment