Thursday, March 28, 2013

Movie Review: "G.I. Joe: Retaliation"

The thing with G.I. Joe: Retaliation is not that it wont, at the very least, mildly entertain you, it is that the movie is very unfaithful in regards to its comic book and cartoon counterparts.  While Retaliation is much better than its predecessor at upholding a slight glimmer of what made the comics and cartoons great, the movie spends too much time making jokes that aren't funny and taking itself far too seriously when it isn't.  When the G.I. Joes are framed, they must go on the run to sort out who framed them and to save the day.  Sure, there are a few cool action scenes here and there, but the unfunny humor, weak characterizations, and tonal shifts from overtly cartoonish to super serious on a dime, makes G.I. Joe: Retaliation not worth seeing unless you just really are dying to see some of your favorite G.I. Joe characters on the bigscreen.

I give G.I. Joe: Retaliation an F!

No comments:

Post a Comment