Saturday, July 3, 2010

Spider-Man Loves Lasagna


All right, that was an awful pun for my talking about Brit actor Andrew Garfield being cast as the new Spider-Man in the Spider-Man reboot film to be directed by Marc Webb, the director of the hilarious film, (500) Days of Summer. If you got the pun, then you'll definitely be shaking your head right now. But on topic, I still don't know what I think of this new Spidey film, I love the webhead, the character being one of my favorite superheroes, but seriously this team has to do a ton of work to beat the first two Sam Raimi films which were just about perfect representations of the character, in particular Spider-Man 2. While Marc Webb is a good choice, with (500) Days having a vibe similar to that of Peter Parker's tangled webs of romance, it's still hard to be sold on a reboot of a franchise that wasn't really run into the ground, just had one so-so installment. I've never really seen any of Garfield's work, his most prominent work being his BAFTA winning performance in the Brit film Boy A, so I have no real clue as to his acting ability, but he has the look down, so maybe it will work out. My personal choice for the role once Tobey Maguire's was Anton Yelchin, Ensign Chekov from J.J. Abrams' Star Trek, but no one listens to me. Regardless, I'll see what happens when the film hits theaters July 3rd, 2012. Hopefully Webb and Garfield can spin webs of movie magic again.

No comments:

Post a Comment