Friday, February 26, 2010

Old School Fridays: The End Is Just the Beginning

As a part of redesigning the Unicellular Review, one of those casualties is the series titled Old School Fridays, where we highlighted a different old movie trailer to a classic film each and every week. Well, as all things are, certain things come and go. I feel as if I achieved my initial mission with Old School Fridays, so now there isn't really much of anywhere to advance to. I will greatly miss doing this series, but in all honesty, there is only so many old movie trailers that are worth watching, and the gamut has kind of run dry, but I've decided to say farewell to Old School Fridays in its own signature style, highlighting some new old movie trailers that I had yet to ever show, and a few of my personal favorites from Old School Fridays' past.

Now, the time has come. Without further ado, let's kick things off with a genuine classic, Charlie Chaplin's City Lights:



Moving on, how about more recently with Steven Spielberg's Jurassic Park:



Now, how about a film that to me symbolizes the Golden Age of Hollywood in all its splendor, Singin' in the Rain:



Of course, this wouldn't be doing justice if we didn't pay homage to one of the more timeless classics of all-time, The Godfather:



And last, but certainly not least, the original trailer for my favorite film of all-time, The Empire Strikes Back:



That does it for Old School Fridays! Whilst it is sad to be saying goodbye, it is also liberating, allowing us to look forward into the future and to bigger and better things. Things are only getting better here at the Unicellular Review, I promise, and thank you Old School Fridays for helping to establish the Unicellular Review for what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment