Monday, February 22, 2010

Redesigning the Review

Change is just around the corner here at the Unicellular Review. I have been thinking about this for the longest of time, and I have finally devised my solution. The Unicellular Review is being restructured to be more in keeping with what it was in its initial inception. So what does this mean?

For a long time I kind of have felt I've been running two blogs, one that was more sophisticated, and the other more of a laid back op-ed seminar. This blog was originally designed to be a forum for film lovers, but it's slowly morphed into something I don't like. Very often I would post something that I really had no interest in purely to post something that day, it was a filler post with no meat, and I do not want to do that any longer. My passion has waned and I want to rekindle my passion. It is not fair to you, the readers.

From this moment forward, the Review will start transitioning and become a forum as it was in its initial inception. One big difference is posts will be less frequent, maybe only 4 or 5 times a week, but this will better allow for more quality posts that are much shorter and more succinct. One big thing that is different is I'm ending series like Trailer Rush and Old School Fridays, and when ever I come across a new movie trailer or an old one I like a great deal, I'll just post it. The only series that will remain active on the Review are the Movie/TV Reviews, Hidden Gems, The Classics, and Oscar Watch. As well I am adding a new form of review called From Book to Screen, where I read a book that has been made into a movie, then I watch the film, and after that I compare and contrast the two and decide which is better, the book or the movie. The goal is for the Review to become a Lounge where filmmakers, filmgoers, and all other film lovers can congregate and talk about film. There will be reviews, talks about movie news, and filmmakers blogging about whatever they are currently working on in no strict manner.

With this massive redesign, don't expect everything to be different all at once, but change isn't far away. I am personally excited about all this and I hope you are too. See you in the Lounge.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if you're aware, but it appears your redesign killed your old RSS feed. Just a heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Upon further review, it looks like it was a rss feed to one particular post. Your main feed is still good. sorry if I wasted any of your time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, it's cool. That is crazy, had no idea bout that.

    ReplyDelete