Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Intergalactic Warfare


Back in the '80s and early '90s there was a subsidiary of Marvel Comics called Epic. Epic is no longer around today, but one of the more popular comic book titles from Epic Comics was Alien Legion.

The story followed the members of the military unit Force Nomad, a unit in which takes in aliens to fight for the Earth military, similar to the French Foreign Legion. Well, it's recently been revealed that a movie is currently in development with mega-producer Jerry Buckheimer and Disney.

The script is being written by Derek Haas and Michael Brandt (3:10 to Yuma and Wanted). It's been reported that they're currently in the third draft, and it seems to be moving along very well. While there is no director attached to the project, it is being talked about as one of the next big franchises.

I'm actually not that familiar with Alien Legion. The concept sounds very intriguing, a kind of cross between something like Star Trek and Halo perhaps. I'd probably pay money to see it, I just am not sure how many people will show up at the theaters for a comic book movie in which most people have no knowledge of the property upon which it's based. I might be wrong. Hey, I thought the same thing before Iron Man and look how that turned out.

At the current moment there is no release date for Alien Legion, but it is one film that I am sure to keep my eye on. Just keep away Michael Bay and I should be satisfied with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment