Saturday, November 14, 2009

To Boldy Go to DVD!


One of my favorite films of the year thus far was J.J. Abram's Star Trek. I've never been the biggest Star Trek fan before this film, I always preferred Star Wars, but after seeing this latest Trek film I've become a believer. I saw it two times in theaters, both times I was simply blown away. The film was action-packed, at times channeling the best of the adventure movie genre from both Indiana Jones and, dare I say it, the original Star Wars films themselves. A sequel is already confirmed and should be in theaters sometime within the next 2-3 years.

Well, the film will be hitting store shelves on DVD and Blu-Ray this Tuesday. I already plan on buying the two-disc special edition DVD come this week and I am so excited to see this film again. Of course I'm also a bit of a nut when it comes to DVDs. I love the special features discs. As a filmmaker, I enjoy watching how the movie was made, how it was pieced together, hear stories about the production. Is it a waste of time? Yes, but I find it highly entertaining.

The two-disc edition will feature what looks to be solid featurettes detailing various aspects of the production, as well the set will include the standard director's commentary on the film along with deleted scenes and a gag reel. It sounds like it will be a purchase well worth your money. To heighten anticipation for the release, I've found this clip from the DVD's special features online to tide us all over. Live long, and prosper.

No comments:

Post a Comment